Thursday 3 May 2007

Shops, names and business

As part of Dutch Business park I am building shops selling essentials for business within the park and outside. This photo shows my office furniture shop on top and the mens clothing shop below that and out of sight under the mens shop is the womens shop.

As always I have been struggling with names. Currently my furniture shop is called Furnish IT, but I want a strong name that would be suitable for all three shops. At first I came up with the name 'identity' as a robust name showing my designs were distinctive but the word has too many negative meanings for people. The name 'identity' is not good for searchs as Google gives hundreds of hits even when adding "Second Life" to the search. The search for a name continues.

I must seem very brash starting three shops when three weeks ago I had no stock and no designs. I started with the furniture and made ten different lines and 40 different colours, designs and colours. I still have a few pieces to make, but the basics are all done.

I will be doing mens suits, shirts and ties next and hope to have my first ones ready in a couple of days.

Having furniture, office essentials, clothing and other avatar essentials is all part of the business strategy for Dutch Business Parks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: