Wednesday 2 May 2007

Reception area - Dutch Business Park


This is my first building for Dutch Business Park. The design brief is to be very modern although my style drifts into a more homely style. I like my textures to be a bit grunged up, scratched, abused and interesting. I held back and kept the look fresh and unabused.

The main textures are made in TextureMaker. The planking is from a royalty free wood texture that I manipulated in Photoshop and Macromedia Fireworks. In Photoshop I took the contrast down using a high-pass filter (see http://www.taunt.com), then adjusted contrast, hue and brightness and finally blurred the image. In Fireworks I added thin parrallel rectangles for the planking, then embossed them to make planks. The glass uses one of my multi-use textures; gray background, noise, blur using a gausian filter, then exported to SL, coloured black and made transparent (transparency 40 to 60%). The aluminium is a light gray background with noise and motion blur. In SL I added a low amount of reflection.

In the future hope to show how I processed the textures.

The garden is bought from The Heart Garden Center.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: