Wednesday 2 May 2007

Arrival

Here I am a virtual character in Second Life, living a different existence from my real-life self. In SL I can create, realise dreams and am always discovering new abilities and things I can do. For 8 months I have been learning about Second Life, not just the physical things like building but about society, friends and how people behave.

Second-life has a fascinating enigma; when people hide their real-life selves they are less inhibted and express more about their real selves. I belive that in real-life we project what we think others want to see. In Second-Life we project more of what we really are. Relations in SL can be more open and but when they go wrong, also more raw.

I have been given the opportunity to build an entire private island for Dutch Business Parks. I am buying trees, sound effects, waves and a few other things, but the rest is made by me from terraforming, planting, building offices, furniture to scripting and making custom poses.

The Island is owned by Duke Amsterdam and will be a prestige office area with my shop selling items for the Island. Fortune Babii and Duke Amsterdam will be running the business side once I have handed over the completed Island.

Edited 14MAY07 to say that I have moved scripting and building to Code by Asp.

This blog is about me about the things I make. For coding and tips on building in SL, see my other blog at Code by Asp.

No comments: